Thank you so much to Elise who gave me this award. Please check her out at http://latebloomer13.wordpress.com/2010/02/09/hey-look-at-what-i-have/#comment-132 she has been through an amazing journey of IVF and is now pregnant with her first child. She is very honest and optimistic, and is a really great read.
The instructions that go along with this award are as follows: •Thank the person who nominated you for this award. •Copy the award and place it in your blog •Link the person who nominated you for this award. •Tell us 7 interesting things about you •Nominate 7 bloggers •Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.
Here are 7 interesting things about me...
1. I am from Britain and I am now living in the US. I moved here when I was about 11 years old, moved back when I was sixteen, then came back to the US when I was 20, and have been here ever since. I haven't been home in 7 years and I'm finally going to get to go in March! I can't wait!
2. I allow my DH to keep poisonous snakes in our home. Everyone says that I am crazy, including DH's parents. I know, I know, it is kind of crazy but it makes DH soooo happy so I just try to pretend that they're not there.
3. I have somehow made it through my entire life without breaking a bone, beeing stung by a bee/wasp/hornet, or spending one day in a hospital. Uh oh, I really need to go knock on some wood now.
4. I am a English lit major with a minor in studio art. I am still currently a student at the age of 29. I returned to college at the age of 27. I have no idea what I am going to do with this degree but it is my greatest ambition to write and illustrate a children’s book.
5. I am the oldest of 7 children! Most people can't imagine growing up with that many children in this day and age, but I loved it! I am so happy that we were such a big family growing up and holidays are amazing!
6. I am color blind. It is one in hundreds of thousands chance for a girl to be colorblind and I was the lucky one. This also means if I have boys that they will all be colorblind too...sorry boys.
7. I love to garden, but I have only had other people's gardens to tend to so most of what I have planted so far has been bulbs. I can't wait to get my own house so that I can plant whatever I want.
I would like to mention that I love to read other people's blogs. The ones that I do read, I read religiously. So for those of you that are on my list and many of you who I couldn't fit on here, thank you so much for writing. Most of you have no idea how much I treasure you.
1. Dana, whose whit and wisdom inspired me to blog in the first place http://thebabydaydream.blogspot.com
2. Baby on mind, who showed me what a blog could be http://baby-on-mind.blogspot.com/
3. Brandles, who's struggle I have most identified with http://babymakinglab.blogspot.com
4. Jen, who's optimism is contagious http://novembers-girl.blogspot.com
5. Kelly, who has just had her first baby, http://themetcalfmiracle.blogspot.com
6. Resh, who inspires me to cook, when I forget how much I love it http://rkitchen.blogspot.com/
7. Nikki, Who makes me laugh and cry when I read her blog http://journeytobaby1.wordpress.com/
Please check out these blogs, these are some really amazing women!