Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Next time will be different

After talking to DH about whether or not to do an IUI next month, we made some desisions. We decided that we are going to get some bikes. LOL. Ok so here is the conection, we decided that we are out of shape. That since Dh has never been a, shall we say, minute man. That sex is a bit of a work out that neither one of us is very well equiped for.

I have got to tell you, after about 20 minutes of bumping and grinding I am ready to call it quits.

So we decided to get bikes and we will hopefully excersize a lot more. Dh is much more into this idea then I am, but we shall see.

That being said, we also decided that next month will be our last natural try. If we don't get pregnant next month after doing everything we can by ourselves, we will get medical help.

I didn't really want things to work out like this but I am tired. Tired of not being pregnant. At this point I will take all the help I can get.


  1. Good Luck with the workouts, girl!

    DH has had a weight problem for a long time. I motivated him by challenging him to a competition. I bet I can lose more weight than you (percentage-wise) - I told him. We both did really great, but I ended up getting down to about 118lbs and I thought I looked sickly. So I stopped... and he stopped. That was a couple years ago. He is going back to the gym now in preparation for the baby. It's great the you and DH can motivate each other.

    I am excited for you to get your HSG! Honestly, I think that's what did it for me. I hope you have the same luck as I did!

  2. I wish I could get one, but honestly it's a cost issue. The insurance company calls it a proceedure, so it will end up costing us about $750. Which we just don't have right now unfortunatly. esspecially if we are going to be concidering IUI's.

    BTW, when did you get your BFP? Congrats! I feel like I know so little about you, lol.

  3. I think that your RE will recommend the test. The purpose of it is to make sure that your tubes are open. I would be concerned to move forward with the cost of IUI without first having the test to verify that your eggs are making it to a place where they can get fertilized. Just my opinion.

    I try not to talk too much about myself now, but rather my situation of how I can relate to what you are going through. But, since you asked, I got my BFP on Christmas Eve morning. I was pretty sure that I told you that after DH had been ttc for almost 2 years(testicular cancer + amenorrhea) , and they told us we had < 1% chance of conceiving naturally. Surprise, we conceived naturally approx 7 days after my HSG. Between that and the vitamins I was shoving down DH's throat, I truly believe that our prayers were answered during that painful HSG test. My test came out clear, but there are 2 possibilities: the force of the dye actually opened my blocked tubes, or the dye changed the ph balance in my uterus and made it more "conceivable"

    I'm sorry to be so cryptic about myself. I don't mean to be. I just know that what you are going through is painful, and me telling you about my expanding waistline is not going to help you right now.

    I hope you will forgive me :)

    I am just here for support.

    Is there a possibility of getting your RE to reduce the cost of his part of the procedure? I know that ours was covered by insurance, but we got 3 EOBs. One from the RE, one from the hospital, and one from the Radiologist. Perhaps you and your RE can negotiate a lower or waived fee for his part of the service and then you will only have to pay for the Radiologist and hospital. It's worth a try to ask, especially since the RE is going to get a fee to do the IUI. Sometimes you can work with them.

    Many prayers and baby dust!

  4. Yay for new bikes!! Now...to actually getting around to use them. :)

    I hope you are able to move forward with the IUI if you don't get pregnant next cycle. As far as the HSG is concerned, my RE requires it (as most do) before doing IUI just to make sure the pipes are working. I would try and work with the doc to see if you can get some portion of it covered. I think it's worth it and it would definitely give you some peace of mind.

    You know I've been down the IUI road a number of times. I'm here to help if you ever need any help!!